A Western Canadian leader in the prevention and treatment of eye disease.
“The Eye Institute of Alberta is northern Alberta’s hub for all things ophthalmology related. Strengthen that hub, and you strengthen care all over the province.”
- A backlit wall, paint and signage make the institute easy to spot from a distance.
- The front desk faces patients as they enter, providing a welcoming and warm environment.
- Upon check-in, patients are handed a coloured paper; the colour indicating the next stop on their patient journey.
- Wayfinding colours on the floor and ceiling identify their path, a small change that makes a large difference to their experience.
- Patient waiting areas have built-in charging stations and furniture that caters to patients with mobility issues.
- The washrooms are renovated to be barrier-free and are now easily identified throughout the institute with colour coordinated ceiling markers and flooring.
- The addition of an office for the Clinical Ophthalmic Educator who plays a pivotal role in strengthening the ophthalmic staff and technicians. This relatively new role, established less than two years ago, is responsible for training the ophthalmic personnel to ensure all members are up-to-date within their scope of practice.
Our work doesn't end here. Excellence in eye health is always a priority. Please consider making an impact to the eye health of more than 45,000 patients each year.