Uncontrollable factors like age, gender, race, ethnicity and family history all play a role in our cardiac formation. The CK Hui Heart Centre’s Multicultural Heart Health Program is one of the centre's flagship programs that operates under the mission to take a proactive role in improving the heart health of multiple cultural groups who live with a higher risk of suffering from heart disease and stroke.
It is the mission of the program to:
- Prevent cardiovascular disease in specific high-risk ethnic groups/keep disease from getting worse
- Reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke in ethnic groups that have been identified as living with increased risk
- Reduce the need for surgery
- Improve the quality of life by reducing symptoms in identified high-risk groups
- Provide the culturally diverse people of Edmonton with tools, workshops and seminars tailored to their ethnicity.